Welcome to the MHS Cheerleading Website!!
Information on Tryouts
A tryout clinic will be held on Tuesday August 30 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. IMMIEDIETLY following, there will be a MANDATORY athlete and parent meeting in the café for all interested candidates. The final tryout will be Wednesday August 31 (4:00pm-6:00pm). Tryouts will be held at MHS in the CAFETERIA.
(Note: Please be on time, as we will start exactly at 4:00pm on Tuesday. Tardiness is not acceptable. I would recommend coming a few minutes early.
· All students must hand in the following forms to the office prior to tryouts: (download forms from the FORMS tab)
-Appendix A: Permission to participate and provide medical treatment
-Appendix C: Maloney Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
-Appendix D: Emergency Treatment Form Parent/Guardian Info. Sheet
-Updated Physical Form
-BLUE form signed by a parent/guardian stating that they read and understand the green cardiac arrest form and the orange concussion form.
*If you do not hand in all of the above forms- you will NOT be allowed to participate in the tryouts until all forms have been turned in!*
· -All students wishing to tryout MUST attend BOTH days of tryouts!
· -All students trying out for MHS Cheerleading must wear shorts, t-shirt/tank top, and sneakers. Remember to wear your hair up and out of your face, bring water or a sports- drink. NO JEWELRY, NAIL POLISH or FAKE NAILS!!
· -On the last day of tryouts (Wednesday) you will perform the cheer and dance taught, two jumps (a Toe Touch and a jump of your choice) and a tumbling skill (i.e. forward roll, back handspring, etc.). The coach may also ask you to show some stunting skills as well.
· -After everyone has performed the above, the coach along with any other judges will tally the score sheets and announce the team. Once the team has been announced- anyone who does not make the team will have to exit the gym immediately. Anyone who has made the team will stay for a brief meeting. The time and length of this is TBD depending on the length of the tryout.
· If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact the coach:
| | Share