Welcome to the MHS Cheerleading Website!!
Got spirit? So let's hear it! Any current student that is interested in trying out for the 2015-2016 Maloney High School Cheerleading team should attend an informational meeting on Monday June 15 at 6pm in the main gym at Maloney High. Parents/guardians are more than welcome to attend.
Information on Tryouts
Tryouts will be held on Tuesday June 23 (9:00am-11:30am), Wednesday June 24 (10:00am-12:00pm) and Thursday June 25 (9am-until all individuals have finished trying out and the team has been announced- 12:00ish?) Tryouts will be held at PULASKI ELEMENTARY in the gym.
(Note: Please be on time, as we will start exactly at 9:00am on Tuesday. Tardiness is not acceptable. I would recommend coming a few minutes early to make sure you turn in all needed forms.)
· All students must hand in the following forms in order to tryout:
-Appendix A: Permission to participate and provide medical treatment
-Appendix C: Maloney Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
-Appendix D: Emergency Treatment Form Parent/Guardian Info. Sheet
-Updated Physical Form (FREE physicals are being given by MHS- stop by the nurse’s office to sign up for a physical)
- Cheerleading Position Agreement Form
-Participant Release and Waiver Form
-Maloney Cheerleading Contract (page 7 ONLY)
-Updated Progress Report from Friday June 12 or later (may print off of PowerSchool)
*If you do not hand in all of the above forms- you will NOT be allowed to participate in the tryouts until all forms have been turned in!*
· -All students wishing to tryout MUST attend ALL 3 days of tryouts!
· -All students trying out for MHS Cheerleading must wear shorts, t-shirt/tank top, and sneakers. Remember to wear your hair up and out of your face, bring water or a sports- drink. NO JEWELRY, NAIL POLISH or FAKE NAILS!!
· -On the last day of tryouts (Thursday June 25) you will perform the cheer and dance taught, two jumps (a Toe Touch and a jump of your choice) and a tumbling skill (i.e. forward roll, back handspring, etc.). The coach may also ask you to show some stunting skills as well.
· -After everyone has performed the above, the coach along with any other judges will tally the score sheets and announce the team. Once the team has been announced- anyone who does not make the team will have to exit the gym immediately. Anyone who has made the team will stay for a brief meeting. The time and length of this is TBD depending on the length of the tryout.
If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact the coach:
| | Share